Team work!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

In Japan

Hey guys, what happened? Why doesn't anyone write here anymore?

I'm in Matsusaka right now. First had an orientation in Tokyo for a few days and it's been a week already since I moved into my apartment. Been setting up bank accounts, cell phone, insurance, getting apartment set up to0. Been meeting lots of the other JETs that are in my prefecture, but there is only like 5 other JETs in Matsusaka. Haven't really met up with them though.
At the second orientation earlier this week I got to ride in an earthquake simulation machine. It was pretty scary. One of the guys videoed it so there is the video. I'm the one on the left in the back, kinda hard to see me, but that was a magnitude 7 on the japanese scale which is around a 7+ on the american scale.

Its super hottt!!!! I feel like a sweaty mess everyday. Right now the kids are on summer break, so I've haven't started teaching yet. Been to tons of orientations and presentations though. Its kinda lonely at times living by myself. I really need to learn how to cook instead of buying already prepared food or eating out.

Anyway, I'll update again with some pictures of my apartment in my next entry.


No comments:

Post a Comment